One-of-a-kind technology for condoms
The HydroGlyde Coating represents a significant departure from conventional latex condoms. By providing uninterrupted superior lubrication that becomes activated with water, HydroGlyde effectively eliminates the need for supplemental personal condom lubricants.
Our coating formulation is strategically designed to attach to and remain on the surface of natural rubber substrates. It exhibits similar mechanical and flexibility properties as latex itself to avoid delamination or cracking (common challenges associated with coating latex). The HydroGlyde Coating formulation becomes slippery when in contact with water or aqueous solutions to offer longer lasting condom lubricity.
“What are some other benefits to the HydroGlyde Coating?”
- More durable as compared to commercially available lubricated condoms
- Thin design and long-lasting lubrication increases satisfaction and enhances sensation
- Eliminate the need to purchase additional lubrication
- Adaptable to GMP mass production processes
- Composed of non-cytotoxic and non-allergenic materials used in approved FDA-devices
2017- HydroGlyde was selected to present at HubWeek Demo Day in Boston, MA
2017- HydroGlyde received the MASSRamp award from the MA Life Sciences Center
2017- HydroGlyde received $10,000 award from Boston University Buzzlab
2017- HydroGlyde was a poster presentation finalist in Massachusetts Life Sciences Innovation Day
2017- HydroGlyde was selected to be a StartUp Worcester company
2016- HydroGlyde wins NIH SBIR Phase I grant award
2015- HydroGlyde wins MA Technology Transfer Center Innovation Award Seed Award